- It is an instrument which is used to measure the temperature of the body.
- It’s range is 35 – 42 degree celsius.
Reading of a clinical thermometer:
- See the mercury level in the thermometer is below 35 degree celsius
- If not give jerks to bring back the mercury level below 35 degree celsius
- clean the thermometer with antiseptic solution
- After measuring, read the thermometer by placing straight to your eye level
- Always hold the opposite site of thermometer while taking reading
Safety measures to be followed with clinical thermometer
- Do not break the bulb while jerking
- Do not keep it under direct sun.
- Do not keep it under flame*taken from miniphysics.com